- 1 cup soya milk
- 2 teaspoon apple cider
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Garnishes: rosemary sprigs, dash of cacao powder, almond flakes and cranberries
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- ¼ cup soya milk
- 170g silken tofu
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 100g melted chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Vegan Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 Single shot espresso
- 4 tablespoon melted chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
Preparing the cake
- Preheat the oven into 150C. And prepare baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together soya milk, apple cider, vanilla and flaxseed meal, set aside
- In another mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the center and pour the coconut oil and the soya milk mixture. Whisk together until smooth.
- Transfer the batter mixture into the prepared baking pan. And bake for 13 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Carefully roll up the sponge cake together with the baking paper. Allow to cool completely.
Preparing vegan chocolate mousse
- In a bowl place the chocolate chips microwave for 60 seconds.
- Place the soya milk, silken tofu, coconut sugar and vanilla into the food processor, process until very smooth and add the melted chocolate.
- Process until smooth and fluffy scraping down the sides. Texture should be very thick and creamy. Refrigerate for a 10 mins.
- Carefully unroll the sponge cake and gently spread the chocolate mousse. Reroll and place on a serving platter. Cut both ends at diagonal position cut pieces to resemble a branch of a tree
Preparing vegan mocha buttercream frosting
- Refrigerate the coconut cream overnight. Scoop the thick part.
- Dissolve the cacao powder into the espresso shot. Allow to cool.
- In the mixing bowl using electric mixer place scooped coconut cream, cooled coffee espresso with cacao powder, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Mix until thick and looks like whipped cream
- Frost with Vegan Mocha Buttercream all over the cake log.
- Lightly drag a fork lengthwise to resemble bark of a tree
- Garnish with dash of cacao powder, rosemary sprigs, almond flakes and cherries.